CMS was founded in 1976 and now in over our 42nd year
of service. CMS is the Hardsurfacing Pioneer.
With over 275
combined years of Engineering and experience, CMS is familiar with every component
part of the Coal-Combustion units we service, as well as the materials with which they are
manufactured. Our engineering staff built the mills we now rebuild. CMS is the
CMS has exclusive metallurgical compositions of wire with its
suppliers. CMS has deposited over 16,500,000 pounds of this material as well as other compositions including tungsten. CMS is the
CMS rebuilds CE Raymond mills from the smallest to the largest. CMS also rebuilds
Foster-Wheeler MB and MBF, Babcock & Wilcox MPS and E & EL, Williams, as well as
several other types. CMS fabricates and hardsurfaces many new parts for the types
- Over 19,000 CE Pulverizer Rolls, Foster Wheeler MB and B&W MPS tires rebuilt to
OEM specifications giving wear life of twice or more than that of new parts.
- Over 7,500 CE grinding rings (bullrings) and other internals rebuilt on site.
- More B&W MPS (67s, 75s, 89s, 118s) grinding tables rebuilt on site than all of
its competitors combined. Ledge Covers can also be Hardsurfaced in the Mill.
- First to rebuild CE pulverizer rolls back to original dimensions, on site, while
still on the journal.
- First and only company to repair, by hardsurfacing, on site, the sidewalls of E and
- First and only company to deposit machinable material to the lower walls of E mills
being converted to EL.
- First company to develop its own proprietary, 100% American-made
hardsurfacing material specifically designed to outlast all others in the most hostile,
abrasive environments in this country.
- Developed custom-made, fabricated and hardsurfaced wear parts for utilities suffering
from unusual wear patterns in their pulverizers and fuel transport systems with quicker
delivery at less cost compared to OEMs.
- Only company that can guarantee no distortion when rebuilding separator bodies
for vertical-type CE pulverizers (453, 473, 493, 533, 573, 593, 613, 633, 673, 713, 733,
753 and 793).
- Only hardsurfacing company that can put multiple crews in the field at one time, including mutiple crews at the same location.
- First company to offer customized programs to utilities for their wear parts.
Consolidated Metal Services, Inc., is located on 3101 Parker Lane in
Chattanooga Tennessee, the "Scenic Center of the South".
Nestled at the foot of Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga is rich in history and has been
instrumental in the advancement of our country.
Located on the Tennessee River, with waterway routes to the Ohio Valley and the
Mississippi River, Chattanooga has played a key role in the industrial development of the
South. Chattanooga continues this tradition today by being an Environmental Showcase for
Chattanooga is also a
major transportation hub, linking Interstate 75 from Florida to the Great Lakes,
Interstate 24 from Chattanooga to Illinois, and Interstate 59 From Chattanooga to
Louisiana. Several major railways intersect in the Chattanooga Area as well.
Our organization serves customers from Miami, Florida to Marquette, Michigan and from
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to San Antonio, Texas.
All of these advantages allow us to give our customers a fast response time, superior
service, and an unsurpassed commitment to excellence in quality, skilled,
professional workmanship and the most impressive array of customer references than